Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any way to change icon in safari favorites on mac

Hi Is there any way to change the default icons on the favourites page in Safari? I have a load all looking identical other than the name obviously.

cheers

Dafydd

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 7:09 AM

Not directly. This is the "favicon" used by the web page, and a lot of sites don't bother to set a custom favicon these days (which is dumb). And this isn't Safari-specific or even Mac-specific.

However, there is a good workaround the Mac does make easy. You can add an Emoji to the front of the bookmark name. You can activate or make sure you turn on the macOS Emoji viewer to make that very easy. I would just turn on Show Input menu in menu bar in System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources tab, but this contains more details:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/guide/mac-help/mchlp1560/10.15/mac/10.15

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 7:09 AM in response to Dafyddapw

Not directly. This is the "favicon" used by the web page, and a lot of sites don't bother to set a custom favicon these days (which is dumb). And this isn't Safari-specific or even Mac-specific.

However, there is a good workaround the Mac does make easy. You can add an Emoji to the front of the bookmark name. You can activate or make sure you turn on the macOS Emoji viewer to make that very easy. I would just turn on Show Input menu in menu bar in System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources tab, but this contains more details:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/guide/mac-help/mchlp1560/10.15/mac/10.15

any way to change icon in safari favorites on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.