Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find most of my PDF files since I downloaded Catalina version 10.15.6; why is this? I now bought Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and still cannot find these files on my Mac?

I cannot find most of my PDF files since I downloaded Catalina version 10.15.6; why is this? I now bought Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and still cannot find these files on my Mac?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:28 PM

How were you accessing them before? Were you trying to open 'recent' documents? If so, perhaps the new installation resets the 'recent' list.

It means your PDF files should still be wherever they were but just not shown on the recent list.

Use spotlight to search for a few of them and if you find them, take note of there they are. You'll probably find all your pdfs in the same place (such as your ~/Documents folder).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 12:28 PM in response to mounir231

How were you accessing them before? Were you trying to open 'recent' documents? If so, perhaps the new installation resets the 'recent' list.

It means your PDF files should still be wherever they were but just not shown on the recent list.

Use spotlight to search for a few of them and if you find them, take note of there they are. You'll probably find all your pdfs in the same place (such as your ~/Documents folder).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.