Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone keeps randomly screen recording even after I disabled the feature?

So I just enabled screen recording like two weeks ago. Ever since yesterday it keeps randomly turning on and screen recording w/o me turning it on at all. So today I just got creeped out and bothered seeing that red line randomly appear at the top of my screen, so I disabled it. Yet, I still see the red line? What is going on? I'm not generally a paranoid person as I'm sure it's just some bug, but it certainly is weird.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 2:20 PM

efijweoifjweif,

Thank you for following up and providing those additional details. We want to check the Photos app to see if the recording was there as there can be other reasons you may see the red status bar. Do you receive a notification that Screen Recording has started when you see the bar?

If you have not tried already, let's go ahead and restart your iPhone and see if the recording starts again.

Restart your iPhone

We'll also want to be sure your iPhone is running the most recent iOS version.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps! Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 2:20 PM in response to efijweoifjweif

efijweoifjweif,

Thank you for following up and providing those additional details. We want to check the Photos app to see if the recording was there as there can be other reasons you may see the red status bar. Do you receive a notification that Screen Recording has started when you see the bar?

If you have not tried already, let's go ahead and restart your iPhone and see if the recording starts again.

Restart your iPhone

We'll also want to be sure your iPhone is running the most recent iOS version.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps! Take care.

Aug 24, 2020 12:37 PM in response to karina184

No, after the red line is displayed the recording does not get saved to my phone. I saw the resource you linked, and it does not account for how it would be turned on whilst I have screen recording turned off. Thanks for the suggestions, I just do not know where to go from here as I cannot find this issue anywhere else, and there is no Apple store near me, and my phone no longer has a warranty.

Aug 24, 2020 9:24 AM in response to efijweoifjweif

Hello efijweoifjweif,

It sounds like you're noticing that your iPhone screen recording feature is enabled when you have not turned it on to record what you're currently doing. We know how important your security is and how you would be concerned about your iPhone recording unnecessarily. You've come to the right place for help.

When you see the red line on your display do you then see the recording in your Photos?

Check out this resource on the ways that screen recording would be turned on:

How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Reach out to the community if you still notice that your iPhone will record your display when you have not wanted to turn it on.

Have a good day!

My Iphone keeps randomly screen recording even after I disabled the feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.