Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will we get some sort of refund for money spent on Fortnite?

Hey everyone I just want to know something,

We all know apple will be banning fortnite on there platform.

But iv spent thousands of dollers on purchases which I can't get refunded for all those hard long hours working to play my favorite game and now they will remove it.

IV Been a loyal apple user since the apple Mac computer playing Age of empires,

I just want to know will Apple refund me now cause I can't play fortnite anymore, and all my devices are I. O. S

Or all that time and money are gone with nothing to show for it.

So will we get some sort of refund or?

Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 3:23 AM

Does removing Fortnite from the App Store, which only effects first time users trying to download the game, erase all the enjoyment that you received from the money you previously spent on the game? If General Motors stops making Pontiacs, do I get a refund for my Pontiac because no one will be able to buy Pontiacs anymore?

Removing Fortnite from the App Store doesn't remove the game from your device nor does it cause the game to stop functioning. If you removed Fortnite from your device, you can still redownload the game from your Purchases list. This only effects new users trying to download the game from the App Store for the first time. They are out of luck!

However, you should be banging on Epic Games doors like crazy. If they don't start behaving, things will dramatically change for iOS device users if Apple removes Epic's Developer account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 3:23 AM in response to OldApplemac

Does removing Fortnite from the App Store, which only effects first time users trying to download the game, erase all the enjoyment that you received from the money you previously spent on the game? If General Motors stops making Pontiacs, do I get a refund for my Pontiac because no one will be able to buy Pontiacs anymore?

Removing Fortnite from the App Store doesn't remove the game from your device nor does it cause the game to stop functioning. If you removed Fortnite from your device, you can still redownload the game from your Purchases list. This only effects new users trying to download the game from the App Store for the first time. They are out of luck!

However, you should be banging on Epic Games doors like crazy. If they don't start behaving, things will dramatically change for iOS device users if Apple removes Epic's Developer account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Aug 24, 2020 11:43 AM in response to OldApplemac

I don't game so I don't fully understand how this game functions, but if continuing to play the game is dependent upon getting an update to the game, then no you likely can't continue to play the game. With Fortnite removed from the App Store, Epic won't be able to post the new update. And you won't get the update even by trying to redownload the game through the Purchased list.

If Epic Games timed these shenanigans to coincide with a new update, they did it to intentionally rile up you iOS users! I'd be super hacked off at them.

Will we get some sort of refund for money spent on Fortnite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.