Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove the backed files from my iphone to the iclod

How to remove files from IPhone that are copied to the iCloud

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 9:07 PM

Hey there! If you’re syncing photos with iCloud, if you delete them from your phone, they are also deleted from iCloud.

If you don’t sync your photos with iCloud, and delete photos, they will only be deleted from your phone.

You can also log into iCloud.com, also if you delete photos or files there, they are also deleted on all your devices using those iCloud services.

As Halliday said as well, the optimize storage feature is a good option to use if your phone’s storage is full.

If photos are utilizing most of your phone’s storage, you can also import them to a computer for a copy then delete from your phone.

Hope that helps! Here’s a good article:

Manage your photo and video storage:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205703

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 9:07 PM in response to Wellfleetmainstreet

Hey there! If you’re syncing photos with iCloud, if you delete them from your phone, they are also deleted from iCloud.

If you don’t sync your photos with iCloud, and delete photos, they will only be deleted from your phone.

You can also log into iCloud.com, also if you delete photos or files there, they are also deleted on all your devices using those iCloud services.

As Halliday said as well, the optimize storage feature is a good option to use if your phone’s storage is full.

If photos are utilizing most of your phone’s storage, you can also import them to a computer for a copy then delete from your phone.

Hope that helps! Here’s a good article:

Manage your photo and video storage:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205703

Cheers.

Aug 24, 2020 1:51 AM in response to Wellfleetmainstreet

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that are synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

Aug 24, 2020 9:00 PM in response to Wellfleetmainstreet

The closest thing you can do, Wellfleetmainstreet, is to turn on iCloud Photo, and Optimize storage on your device.

Over time, photos that you haven’t accessed, for a while, will be “optimized”—replaced by a version that takes up less space—while the full resolution versions will remain on iCloud.

You should also follow the instructions in Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

How can I remove the backed files from my iphone to the iclod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.