Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixing Spellcheck on Iphone

The original question posted by Rectifier is below. Apple Support- please fix this issue. I don’t want to use any type of auto correct or predictive text. I just want to be able to correct redlined words that I accidentally spell incorrectly. It is as if the redline has been desensitized. We have to click it multiple times for the correct spelling to pop up. And if it doesn’t pop up, we have to manually correct it by deleting and replacing. So inefficient. Please fix asap!

Original Post by User Rectifier:

IOS 13 Spellcheck - have to click on replace every time there is a spelling error

Hello,

In IOS 12, when typing an imessage or on whatsapp and there was a spelling mistake, there would be a clickable red underline. When you click on it, it would suggest a word. In IOS 13 it doesn't do this, when you click on the red underline, it says

'cut copy replace lookup share' and of course 99/100 times I want to just see some suggestions to correct the word (I know how to spell it this is just faster) and now I have to click on replace first.

Why is that? Was working great before.

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 1:34 AM

I'm not able to reproduce your issue on my iPhone XR running iOS 13.6.1.

Like you, I only use "Check Spelling" (no Predictive, no Auto-correction, they are disabled in my Settings>General>Keyboard).

As I type, I can have red underlined words and if I tap on those wrong words, I get options/suggestions.

Have you tried to force restart your iPhone?:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 1:34 AM in response to Abushuka

I'm not able to reproduce your issue on my iPhone XR running iOS 13.6.1.

Like you, I only use "Check Spelling" (no Predictive, no Auto-correction, they are disabled in my Settings>General>Keyboard).

As I type, I can have red underlined words and if I tap on those wrong words, I get options/suggestions.

Have you tried to force restart your iPhone?:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Fixing Spellcheck on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.