Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network issue: iOS app not functioning on home WiFi

So recently I installed an app on the App Store called “Kim Kardashian:Hollywood” and to install that I used a personal hotspot on my iPad, however , I used my iPhones 4g network to create the personal hotspot.The reason for this was I was away and did not have access to a WiFi and was forced to use my iphones 4g on my iPad to gain access to the internet.Once I installed the app using the PH I was able to use it successfully for days, but a few days later I returned home and connected my iPad to my home WiFi.This is where the problem began, I attempted to open the app and I got an error alert message which I will include a screenshot below.I contacted the company via email and the response gave me some troubleshooting tips,unfortunately those did not work.For clarification,I did Conduct a bandwidths test and it did exceed the minimum requirements. I then attempted to install the app on my iPhone using my home WiFi,still the same error.The thing that is confusing me is why the app is working on my 4g but not my home WiFi even though my WiFi is much stronger in every aspect of performance. I then got another email stating that there seems to be an issue with ,my device and connection and to refer to the online instructions to resolve- although I do not know where to find it. I’d be ever so grateful if anyone could be able to identify a possible solution to this.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 3:34 AM

Okay, the next step is to reinstall the App.

First, delete the App from the device - and then force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting, you can reinstall the App from the Apple App Store.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 3:34 AM in response to osman123

Okay, the next step is to reinstall the App.

First, delete the App from the device - and then force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting, you can reinstall the App from the Apple App Store.

Network issue: iOS app not functioning on home WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.