You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard for IPAD Pro not working properly.

When I use the key board, for example: if I press the (parentheses). To use the open “(“ I have to press key upper + number 8 and to close the parentheses I have to press upper +9. Same goes to all characters in special characters keyboard. How can I fix this? Magic Board is a pricey item and I am very disappointed with existing performance.

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 10:35 AM

Greetings and thank you for the prompt response. I don’t see “hardware keyboard in iPad settings. Unless I am

looking at the wrong place. However, I am bi- lingual and checked Spanish for the keyboard as well. I will change it to all English and see how it goes.

3 replies

Aug 24, 2020 10:19 AM in response to Fortu51

Fortu51 wrote: When I use the key board, for example: if I press the (parentheses). To use the open “(“ I have to press key upper + number 8 and to close the parentheses I have to press upper +9.

This just means you have the wrong keyboard mapping set. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge. Make sure you have the right item checked (NOT "automatic").

Your description sounds like you may have Spanish ISO checked instead of US, or something similar.

Magic Keyboard for IPAD Pro not working properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.