Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi on snd off

My wifi keeps jumping on and off on my 16” MacBook Pro. The tv and phone works so wifi is ok. I can restart and the wifi works for maybe 2 minutes, then cycles on and off in one second intervals for two minutes, and then no wifi. Restart and the process repeats.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 10:03 AM

Hi LexusB,

We understand that your MacBook Pro is having some trouble staying connected to your Wi-Fi network, and we're happy to assist. To get started, can you let us know which version of macOS is currently installed on your Mac?

Also, is this problem happening on multiple Wi-Fi networks, or only your home network? The resources below can help us isolate the problem a bit more, and make sure that your router settings are optimized.

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Please let us know what you find, and we'll take things from there.

All the best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 10:03 AM in response to LexusB

Hi LexusB,

We understand that your MacBook Pro is having some trouble staying connected to your Wi-Fi network, and we're happy to assist. To get started, can you let us know which version of macOS is currently installed on your Mac?

Also, is this problem happening on multiple Wi-Fi networks, or only your home network? The resources below can help us isolate the problem a bit more, and make sure that your router settings are optimized.

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Please let us know what you find, and we'll take things from there.

All the best!

Wifi on snd off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.