Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find lost folders in MacOS Mojave1.14.6

Accidentally, I moved or deleted all sub-folders of a folder and it has my project code changes. I know the sub-folder names from sourcetree. I’m using MacBook pro15” with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. I tried searching in trash, hidden files, magnifier, terminal everywhere, couldn’t trace them. Can anyone help?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 7:28 PM

In Finder, type cmd-ctrl-shift-F which should bring up Find by Name.

Type a name into the search field.

(You can also just type the name into a Finder search field and select the Name matches search token.)

Select This Mac from the Search: location.

If that has too many files,

Click the + button on the right side of the search location area.

Set that criteria to Kind is folder.

If you don't already have it turned on, select Show Path Bar from the View menu (it may default to on for a search).

Select one of the found folders and look at the path at the bottom of the window.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 7:28 PM in response to Pbhuvana09

In Finder, type cmd-ctrl-shift-F which should bring up Find by Name.

Type a name into the search field.

(You can also just type the name into a Finder search field and select the Name matches search token.)

Select This Mac from the Search: location.

If that has too many files,

Click the + button on the right side of the search location area.

Set that criteria to Kind is folder.

If you don't already have it turned on, select Show Path Bar from the View menu (it may default to on for a search).

Select one of the found folders and look at the path at the bottom of the window.

How to find lost folders in MacOS Mojave1.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.