Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie imports

Hi, I have created an opening sequence to use on all of my videos, can I save it as an MP4, to allow me to import it into the start of each new project?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 10:16 PM

Yes. Export it out to your desktop and then import it back into an iMovie event from where you then can import it into other projects.

Another way to do it is to do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the opening sequence in your project and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. You can then use that project as a sort of library from where you can copy and paste the sequence into other projects.

— Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 10:16 PM in response to Gazfast

Yes. Export it out to your desktop and then import it back into an iMovie event from where you then can import it into other projects.

Another way to do it is to do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the opening sequence in your project and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. You can then use that project as a sort of library from where you can copy and paste the sequence into other projects.

— Rich

iMovie imports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.