Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie and MP4

So I exported a movie in Imovie and it created an MP4 file. I am trying to import that same file into Imovie and apparently Imovie won't import it's own created files? Is there a work around I am missing here?

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 11:05 AM

That shouldn't be happening. Try deleting/resetting preferences and then importing again.

To delete/reset preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Drag the movie into the timeline of an iMovie project, or into an Event. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 11:05 AM in response to chky071

That shouldn't be happening. Try deleting/resetting preferences and then importing again.

To delete/reset preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Drag the movie into the timeline of an iMovie project, or into an Event. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Imovie and MP4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.