Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted Acrobat Reader and lost files...help😱

Even though acrobat reader is turned on in settings>icloud>acrobat, my files are lost. Is there any way to restore them? Can I selectively restore only acrobat files from the iCloud backup of my iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 2:15 PM

Thanks to all. Your answers helped.

FYI I am changing my whole process. I am going to delete my iCloud backup and cancel future backups; they consume too much space anyway in Apple's attempt to make us purchase more memory. Also, as several have noted, the iCloud restore process is antiquated. I am beginning to be sorry that I ever went to an Apple platform, but that's another story. I have learned my lesson, so here is my future process.

1. Use iMazing to backup my iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen to my PC. This helpful software is user friendly.
  2. Save my files in original format on my PC using iMazing for easy transfer back to my iPad. Because I have been doing this periodically, I was able to retrieve most of my lost pdf files. 😁
  3. Also, save my files on DropBox in original format for easy retrieval. I have sufficient free space.

Thanks again for your help.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 2:15 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks to all. Your answers helped.

FYI I am changing my whole process. I am going to delete my iCloud backup and cancel future backups; they consume too much space anyway in Apple's attempt to make us purchase more memory. Also, as several have noted, the iCloud restore process is antiquated. I am beginning to be sorry that I ever went to an Apple platform, but that's another story. I have learned my lesson, so here is my future process.

1. Use iMazing to backup my iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen to my PC. This helpful software is user friendly.
  2. Save my files in original format on my PC using iMazing for easy transfer back to my iPad. Because I have been doing this periodically, I was able to retrieve most of my lost pdf files. 😁
  3. Also, save my files on DropBox in original format for easy retrieval. I have sufficient free space.

Thanks again for your help.

Accidentally deleted Acrobat Reader and lost files...help😱

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.