How to restore documents of an app (Acrobat) in the iOS Files app?

So I’ve just deleted Acrobat on Siri Suggestion, and it prompted that I will also delete its data, but I failed to recognize that it means it will delete my documents saved in the Files app’s folder of Acrobat. The deleted documents is showing on my Recents on the Files app but I cannot access it and there’s nothing on my recently deleted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 9:26 AM

Hi Yung_-,

If the data that was deleted was stored in iCloud Drive, then the steps from Delete a file or recover a file that you deleted from the Files app may help:

"Recover a file that you deleted

When you delete a file from iCloud Drive or On My [device], it goes into your Recently Deleted folder. After 30 days, your files are removed from Recently Deleted.

If you change your mind or accidentally delete a file, you have 30 days to get it back.

How to recover a file that you deleted on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. In the Files app, tap the Browse tab.
  2. Go to Locations.
  3. Tap Recently Deleted.
  4. Select the file that you want to keep and tap Recover."

If the items don't appear there, chances are they were stored locally on the device or synced through the app itself. In which case, contacting the app developer using How to contact an app developer would be recommended.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 9:26 AM in response to Yung_-

Hi Yung_-,

If the data that was deleted was stored in iCloud Drive, then the steps from Delete a file or recover a file that you deleted from the Files app may help:

"Recover a file that you deleted

When you delete a file from iCloud Drive or On My [device], it goes into your Recently Deleted folder. After 30 days, your files are removed from Recently Deleted.

If you change your mind or accidentally delete a file, you have 30 days to get it back.

How to recover a file that you deleted on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. In the Files app, tap the Browse tab.
  2. Go to Locations.
  3. Tap Recently Deleted.
  4. Select the file that you want to keep and tap Recover."

If the items don't appear there, chances are they were stored locally on the device or synced through the app itself. In which case, contacting the app developer using How to contact an app developer would be recommended.

Regards.

How to restore documents of an app (Acrobat) in the iOS Files app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.