Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Album not loading photos

My shared album isn't loading the photos, and when I click on them they are just gray squares. How do I make them load?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 5:14 AM

Are you viewing the shared album on a Mac or on iPhone? Sorry, that is not quite clear - the signature below your question is saying "iPhone 7, iOS 13", but your question is in the Photos for Mac forum.

If you are sharing photos from your iPhone in the High Efficiency Format HEIF, you need a Mac with macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later to be able to process the photos. (Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 5:14 AM in response to andrewmarina

Are you viewing the shared album on a Mac or on iPhone? Sorry, that is not quite clear - the signature below your question is saying "iPhone 7, iOS 13", but your question is in the Photos for Mac forum.

If you are sharing photos from your iPhone in the High Efficiency Format HEIF, you need a Mac with macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later to be able to process the photos. (Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support)

Shared Album not loading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.