Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Albums on iPhone - don’t upload & all photos & videos show as white thumbnails

I first noticed my new photos in my shared albums don’t upload anymore (without getting feedback, I just realised they didn’t appear on new devices).

To trouble shoot I turned off sharing photos on my iPhone, restarted my iPhone and turned it on again.

Now ALL my Shared Albums won't show ANY pictures. They now ALL show as white thumbnails. This includes albums that I've shared as well as albums that I'm a subscriber to.

I can see some shared albums on my iPad. But even there some albums show white thumbnails only.

Can someone please help? This is beyond frustrating 😔

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 11:41 AM

Make sure your device is connected to WiFi and the device is plugged in to power. Leave it to sit for a while (overnight if possible) and if the Shared Albums still don't load, turn off the Shared Album and try restarting your device.

Use Shared Albums in Photos

1 reply

Shared Albums on iPhone - don’t upload & all photos & videos show as white thumbnails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.