Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access iCloud photos on Mac without saving them to Mac

Hello community. I needed to free up storage on my Mac in order to perform an update. I had a ton of photos saved to my Mac and they were taking up most of my storage availability. I deleted them off my computer but I kept them stored on my iCloud. How can I access these iCloud photos on my Mac now? Is there a way to access them through photos on my Mac without downloading them to my Mac? I wish this was more user friendly. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 10:48 AM

Be aware that if you still had iCloud Photos turned on when you deleted them from your Mac, they would also delete from iCloud. You have approximately 30 days to recover them from Recently Deleted. See: Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

If you turned iCloud Photos off as described in the "How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?" section of Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

before deleting them on your Mac, you could access them by using an internet browser (e.g., Safari) and going to www.icloud.com

and view them in the Photos app there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 10:48 AM in response to chocolatelab15

Be aware that if you still had iCloud Photos turned on when you deleted them from your Mac, they would also delete from iCloud. You have approximately 30 days to recover them from Recently Deleted. See: Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

If you turned iCloud Photos off as described in the "How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?" section of Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

before deleting them on your Mac, you could access them by using an internet browser (e.g., Safari) and going to www.icloud.com

and view them in the Photos app there.

How to access iCloud photos on Mac without saving them to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.