Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help to install macos mojave instead of catalina

Is there away to erase catalina and use mojave instead?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 2:24 PM

2 replies

Aug 25, 2020 4:35 PM in response to vallerie1121

vallerie1121 Said:

"I need help to install macos mojave instead of catalina Is there away to erase catalina and use mojave instead?"

-------

If downgrading is an option, then preform the following:

Reinstall the macOS Anew:

Try This:

1. First, Backup your Mac, then

2. Then, install your macOS Mojave anew.

3. Finally, migrate it over.

In Depth:

1. Back up your Mac:

Start by Creating a Time Machine Backupof my Mac. That way I could be assured that Incan recover my Mac, should I need the App back or if anything goes wrong due to the removal. So, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

2. Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Mojave. Delete the hard drive's partition. Then, install this macOS with. Go Here: How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support.

3. Migrate and Reinstall Data and Apps:

Next migrate it over from the Time Machine Backup you created in step 1 to this new install. If required, request from the developers new keys for the software, informing them that your computer crashed. Ask for 64-bit installers, if looking to install Mojave and upgrade thereafter.

I need help to install macos mojave instead of catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.