Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need usb cable to connect ipad to a printer

I am looking for a usb cord to connect my iPad 7th generation to a printer (cannon printer) to print documents from my iPad.

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 5:38 PM

You cannot connect a printer to an iPad and print via a a cable. There is NO way to download printer drivers to an iPad. Your printer either needs to be AirPrint capable or have an app in the app store which can permit printing through the app.

See this link about AirPrint printers --> Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 5:38 PM in response to shameka177

You cannot connect a printer to an iPad and print via a a cable. There is NO way to download printer drivers to an iPad. Your printer either needs to be AirPrint capable or have an app in the app store which can permit printing through the app.

See this link about AirPrint printers --> Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

need usb cable to connect ipad to a printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.