Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple manager MDM system

Hi,

I have currently macOS server on Mac mini with Profile Manager and for now I can not deploy any app from app store. What I know, how to deploy them, is to register our company in the Apple Business Manager. The main question is if I need to purchase MDM system to manage devices after that I will register in ABM or I can use this macOS server(Profile manager) that I have on Mac Mini to manage?

I will be grateful for the answer.

Regards,

Daniel

I have doubled post, please close one.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 2:30 AM

To deploy apps on your Apple devices, you don't necessarily need an MDM solution. Only registering your device on ABM can suffice and you can distribute apps using Apple VPP. This is ideal, especially if you have only a small number of Apple devices. However, if you plan to expand your Apple device inventory, MDM will give you more power and control that is beyond app distribution- you can control updates, performance, data usage and more.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 2:30 AM in response to Speckialized

To deploy apps on your Apple devices, you don't necessarily need an MDM solution. Only registering your device on ABM can suffice and you can distribute apps using Apple VPP. This is ideal, especially if you have only a small number of Apple devices. However, if you plan to expand your Apple device inventory, MDM will give you more power and control that is beyond app distribution- you can control updates, performance, data usage and more.

Apple manager MDM system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.