Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magsafe Charger Not Turning Amber

I have an MBP mid 2012 13inch. When I shutdown the macbook and plug the magsafe, the LED remains in GREEN color, and does not charge the unit. But when I press the power button while the magsafe charger is connected, the LED turns amber and starts to charge.

Hope you can help me what can be the issue with this? I initially thought it was an issue with the old battery since I haven't replaced it yet. Now, I already had the battery replaced but I am still encountering the same problem. I'm beginning to think the issue is not with the battery anymore?

What could be the issue here?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 1:25 PM

In addition to the SMC reset suggest by @neuroanatomist try these things:

Unplug the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute in order to reset the charger' internal circuitry. Sometimes the power adapter's circuitry gets into a weird state if the laptop has had odd power or charging issues.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting Magsafe charging issues:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203207

Try using another charger and connecting the charger to another electrical outlet preferably on a different circuit. If you try all these things, then it would indicate an issue with the DC-In Board, Logic Board, or the battery (especially if it is a third party battery).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 1:25 PM in response to Patm0923

In addition to the SMC reset suggest by @neuroanatomist try these things:

Unplug the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute in order to reset the charger' internal circuitry. Sometimes the power adapter's circuitry gets into a weird state if the laptop has had odd power or charging issues.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting Magsafe charging issues:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203207

Try using another charger and connecting the charger to another electrical outlet preferably on a different circuit. If you try all these things, then it would indicate an issue with the DC-In Board, Logic Board, or the battery (especially if it is a third party battery).

Magsafe Charger Not Turning Amber

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.