Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X Axis labels are all untitled

How on earth do I fix this? 30 min in and I still cannot figure this out. All I want is to have the dates appear along the x axis instead of "Untitled"!

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 7:14 AM

I'm guessing you have tried to create a 2D Line chart from a table that doesn't have a Header Column.

Line Charts, which are type of "category" chart, get their x-axis labels from a Header Column in the table. So you could try selecting Column A in the table and from the dropdown by the column letter choose Convert to Header Column.

Another way, since your dates may not be in even intervals, would be to leave the table without a Header Column, select the cells, and insert a 2D Scatter Chart. Then select the series in the chart and in the Style tab in the formatting panel at the right set a Connection Line.

Be sure to check out the "Charting Basics" template at File > New in your menu.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 7:14 AM in response to Ron Frank

I'm guessing you have tried to create a 2D Line chart from a table that doesn't have a Header Column.

Line Charts, which are type of "category" chart, get their x-axis labels from a Header Column in the table. So you could try selecting Column A in the table and from the dropdown by the column letter choose Convert to Header Column.

Another way, since your dates may not be in even intervals, would be to leave the table without a Header Column, select the cells, and insert a 2D Scatter Chart. Then select the series in the chart and in the Style tab in the formatting panel at the right set a Connection Line.

Be sure to check out the "Charting Basics" template at File > New in your menu.

SG

X Axis labels are all untitled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.