Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alignment of axis labels

Hi,

In the left graph, X axis labels are aligned to the bottom.

In the right graph, they are not.

Is there any way to fix it?

Both X axis labels came from the same data (Screenshot 3).

Hosun

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 2:02 PM

I believe it is the "year" data in your table that is the problem.

In your charts, all of the odd numbers align with each other and all of the even ones align with each other but odds do not align with evens. The left chart is all evens so they all align. The right one is a mix so they do not all align. Something is different about the X axis label data for the odd years vs even years.

In your table, the "year" data is aligned to the left of the cell which indicates it is text, not actual numbers. My guess is all of the odd years have an extraneous space or two after the numbers. They are five or more characters in length vs four. Select the column of years and format it to be numbers. That will remove the extraneous spaces and turn the "years" into actual numbers. If you need them to be text, format them back to text.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 2:02 PM in response to HSKang

I believe it is the "year" data in your table that is the problem.

In your charts, all of the odd numbers align with each other and all of the even ones align with each other but odds do not align with evens. The left chart is all evens so they all align. The right one is a mix so they do not all align. Something is different about the X axis label data for the odd years vs even years.

In your table, the "year" data is aligned to the left of the cell which indicates it is text, not actual numbers. My guess is all of the odd years have an extraneous space or two after the numbers. They are five or more characters in length vs four. Select the column of years and format it to be numbers. That will remove the extraneous spaces and turn the "years" into actual numbers. If you need them to be text, format them back to text.

alignment of axis labels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.