Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Misalignment of plot lines

When I put two lines on a scatter graph, why are they misaligned? The blue line and the gray line should overlap because they are using the exact same X axis. For some reason the blue line is starting one date shifted to the right.

I can go into the data (shown left) and delete off the entire top half, it still does this misalignment of the two lines... what is going on?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 11:38 AM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2019 1:22 PM in response to Wayne Contello

In the table on the left it says MPG (est) and Mpg truck, and those are the two lines shown in the graph. MPG (est) is gray and Mpg truck is blue. I've changed the graph and no longer have this version anymore.

More importantly. What you asked, made me think of entering data in Excel... If I look at the value entered for blue line it says Truck::F1:F69. If I look at the value entered for the gray line it says Truck::E2:E69! And it will not let me change it to E1!!!! WTF? Why can I not enter data values as text? and why when I select them do it get them wrong? I am selecting from the 1st cell in the table and it is entering that cell as E2 instead of E1.

Misalignment of plot lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.