Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scatter Chart in Numbers

How can I shift the X-Axis & Y-Axis as indicated in the image?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 12:59 PM

If you want to change the range (min and max) of each axis, select the chart and go to the Axis tab. For each axis set the min, max, and number of steps. In the screenshot below, my Y axis goes from -4 to +4 with 4 steps (which will actually be 4 negative and 4 positive steps in this special case where the + and - are the same absolute value, which wasn't a point I was trying to make when I made this chart).

If you want to shift the axes so the Y axis is not at the left and the X axis not at the bottom, that is not a feature of Numbers but you can partly emulate it. For each axis, turn off the axis line and add a custom reference line. The numbers will still be on the left and bottom but it the axes appear to cross in the middle. Not a perfect solution.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 12:59 PM in response to ajaymalik

If you want to change the range (min and max) of each axis, select the chart and go to the Axis tab. For each axis set the min, max, and number of steps. In the screenshot below, my Y axis goes from -4 to +4 with 4 steps (which will actually be 4 negative and 4 positive steps in this special case where the + and - are the same absolute value, which wasn't a point I was trying to make when I made this chart).

If you want to shift the axes so the Y axis is not at the left and the X axis not at the bottom, that is not a feature of Numbers but you can partly emulate it. For each axis, turn off the axis line and add a custom reference line. The numbers will still be on the left and bottom but it the axes appear to cross in the middle. Not a perfect solution.

Scatter Chart in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.