Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing with AppleIDs residing in different countries

My wife is studying and living in a different country. She changed country for her Apple ID to be able to install country specific apps but now we´re not able to share iCloud space any more. How can we fix it?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:12 AM

You cannot. Family Sharing requires al members to have their Apple ID region set to the same country.

It does not work across different countries. She would need to return her account to the original country,

4 replies

Aug 26, 2020 9:50 AM in response to gmerello

It is not entirely an Apple limitation. It is in large part a function of the fact that every country has its own copyright laws that don't necessarily allow intellectual property to be shared across borders without the author/owner's explicit permission. Becasue you're not buying the IP itself, merely licensing use of it via the Apple App, Book or Music stores, copyright restrictions and boundaries are an issue.

Aug 26, 2020 9:56 AM in response to Michael Black

Michael, I agree and it´s understandable regarding the App, Books and Music sources that might be subject to different regulations. I don´t agree in terms of my own data (pictures, documents) that I place in my own cloud and -by the way- I am able to consume from different countries and even continents like in this case.

Maybe a good option would be to enable cloud space sharing disregarding of location, while keeping Apps/Books/Music complying the regulations you mentioned.

Family Sharing with AppleIDs residing in different countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.