Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing family app in another country

why can’t I share my ICloud storage with my nice who is living a couple of months in Mexico, Oaxaca region?!!!!

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 1:19 PM

Unless your niece changed her Apple ID region to Mexico, you should be able to share it with her.

What happens when you try?

Do you have a shareable amount of iCloud storage? 200GB or 2TB are shareable. 50GB are not shareable.

4 replies

Nov 25, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Miss49

Thank you, but it really does not help me identify the issue. What account is she trying to access? When you share iCloud storage each of you should be using your own Apple ID accounts not accessing the other person's account.

Can you explain what happens when she tries to access the iCloud storage?

You haven't actually explained why she can't access. What she is doing, how she is trying to access the storage or anything that may help me help you.

The best I can do, is provide a link with the steps to sharing iCloud storage: click here-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Make sure you have followed those steps, invited her to join the Family share, and then have her follow the steps to join in that link.

I cannot remotely do anything if that is what you were thinking. You need to set it up yourself and she needs to access it the right way.

Nov 25, 2021 2:35 AM in response to Phil0124

Ola tia, ja cheguei bem e ainda estou em jetlag mode =)

Ainda nao consigo aceder a conta.. Escrevi um email para o Phil, sera que podes enviar por favor? 

Beijinhos obrigada

Dear Phil, 

Thanks for your quick reply. I am Maria Ines niece and I can't access the family account sharing.

I initiated my Apple ID when I was living in the Netherlands, however I have changed that setting in my account a few days ago. 

At the moment I am in Mexico and I still can't access the account. 

Could you kindly change whatever needs to be changed so I can have access from here?

I am so sorry if I'm a tech grandma and I can't do it on my own. I'm counting on your support with this.

Looking fwd to hear from you. 

best regards, 

Catarina

Sent from my iPad

Nov 25, 2021 2:36 AM in response to Phil0124

Ola tia, ja cheguei ao México bem e ainda estou em jetlag mode =)

Ainda nao consigo aceder a conta.. Escrevi um email para o Phil, sera que podes enviar por favor? 

Beijinhos obrigada

Dear Phil, 

Thanks for your quick reply. I am Maria Ines niece and I can't access the family account sharing.

I initiated my Apple ID when I was living in the Netherlands, however I have changed that setting in my account a few days ago. 

At the moment I am in Mexico and I still can't access the account. 

Could you kindly change whatever needs to be changed so I can have access from here?

I am so sorry if I'm a tech grandma and I can't do it on my own. I'm counting on your support with this.

Looking fwd to hear from you. 

best regards, 

Catarina

Sent from my iPad

Sharing family app in another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.