Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Messages

I need an entire thread of text messages, between me and one other person, printed for legal purposes. Is there a way to do this, without having to manually scroll back through and screen shot? I have to go all the way back to last October.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 12:15 PM

have him create a user account for you on his Mac.

Turn on Messages in iCloud on your phone if it's not already on.

Turn on Messages in iCloud on the Mac.

All of the message conversations on the phone will sync to the cloud, and down to the Mac. (this might take some time).

Once they do, open messages on the Mac, click on the conversation in the left hand panel of the messages window to hi light it, then click on the file menu and click print. That will print that conversation thread to paper or to a PDF file.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 12:15 PM in response to amelia612

have him create a user account for you on his Mac.

Turn on Messages in iCloud on your phone if it's not already on.

Turn on Messages in iCloud on the Mac.

All of the message conversations on the phone will sync to the cloud, and down to the Mac. (this might take some time).

Once they do, open messages on the Mac, click on the conversation in the left hand panel of the messages window to hi light it, then click on the file menu and click print. That will print that conversation thread to paper or to a PDF file.

Text Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.