Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to save iMessages for court?

I need to print a long history of text messages for a court appearance. I paid to upgrade icloud and see that my messages have synced. I also turned on text fowarding on my iphone. However- none of my historical conversations are backing up to the messages app on my Mac (where I could export a PDF), and I was just told by somebody at Apple Care that there is no way to do this (sync across devices or download a back up that is readable from a mac).

This seems insane! People routinely need to export conversation histories for legal purposes. Please tell me there is some way to do this.

Posted on May 29, 2023 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Thanks everyone. Really seems crazy this is not out of the box functionality but so it goes I guess

Similar questions

4 replies

May 29, 2023 9:42 AM in response to baadcafe

There are still a few options you can try. Albeit, not necessarily desirable.

• Take screenshots: If the messages are not too long, you can take screenshots of each conversation on your iPhone and transfer them to your Mac. This may be time-consuming if you have numerous conversations, but it can be a viable option for smaller amounts of text.

• Consider using third-party software: There are third-party applications available that allow you to extract and export text messages from your iPhone to your Mac.

• Print directly from your iPhone: You can try printing the text messages directly from your iPhone. Connect your iPhone to a printer using AirPrint or transfer the conversation screenshots to a computer connected to a printer. This method might not be ideal if you have a large number of messages or if the conversation spans multiple pages.

• Legal assistance: If the messages are crucial for your court appearance, it may be worth consulting with legal professionals or experts who deal with digital evidence. They might be able to guide you through specific processes or suggest alternatives to obtain the required evidence.

How to save iMessages for court?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.