Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Need to restore notes to icloud storage. I deleted my notes from icloud storage, I do not store them on my devices at all, icloud storage does not show them as recently deleted or recoverable files.

I know this has been asked but it doesn't appear that the same information was relayed so I am asking with all the informaiton.

Last night I was getting a laptop ready to sell for my wife, and I went to the icloud storage and deleted notes thinking I was deleting the link between that Macbook and icloud. Instead it deleted all the notes from icloud storage and my wife informed me that she does not store the notes on any of her devices. She only lets them store to the cloud. She has no backups of her devices because it always gave her an error. She only lets certain things backup to icloud, notes being one of them (although those are not on her device so it isn't just a backup, it is the only copy) When I go to icloud.com I checked recently deleted and restore files and neither of those sections have the icloud notes in them. The notes were important. Is there any way to get them back?

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 11:24 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 30, 2020 11:54 PM in response to AdrieW

As per this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201065

Sign out of iCloud

If you're using macOS Catalina or later, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Select Overview in the sidebar, then click Sign Out.

If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Sign Out.

You will be asked whether to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac. You can click Keep a Copy, because you're erasing your Mac later. Your iCloud data remains in iCloud and on any other devices that are signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.

You wrote - Last night I was getting a laptop ready to sell for my wife.

She only lets them store to the cloud. She has no backups of her devices because it always gave her an error.

If you haven't erased the Mac again sign in with same Apple ID and password in Mac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204053

The notes will start syncing , even you forgot to click on copy for notes on Mac it doesn't matter , this option is for just to save notes on the Mac itself , the data is stored in iCloud server .

The error was shown as if iCloud storage data was increasing , and never planned to purchase iCloud storage .

Only few hours have passed by , in your Mac system preferences > iCloud if notes box was always checked some notes were always synced with iCloud , may be the storage was exceeded .

I Need to restore notes to icloud storage. I deleted my notes from icloud storage, I do not store them on my devices at all, icloud storage does not show them as recently deleted or recoverable files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.