Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes disappeared on all devices after deleting them on an iPad and iCloud

Hi!

I have a Macbook Air, an iPad and an iPhone. Because my iCloud was full I tried to perform some cleanup. To do that I deleted Notes there on the iPad. The delete button explicitly says that by doing this you will delete your notes on the iPad and iCloud. I was not aware that this will also delete my notes on other devices (due to iCloud sync I guess). Maybe saying that this would delete notes on all iCloud synced devices would be useful here.

Anyhow, is there a way to recover these notes somehow? I do not have iCloud backup or Time Machine. Is there a recently deleted section for iCloud somewhere (like all other cloud services have)? I looked just about anywhere and was unable to find the lost notes.

Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 4:16 AM

There may be a recently deleted folder in notes from which you can restore (it depends on what account your notes are tied to).

Yes, anything you do on one device reflects everywhere when using iCloud.

Similar questions

3 replies

Notes disappeared on all devices after deleting them on an iPad and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.