Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone had switch SIM card to my iPhone

Someone might switch the sim card and Info on my phone

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 1:22 AM

the only purpose of the sim card is to tie a phone number you get from your carrier to the IMEI number of ones phone so your carrier can charge you for usage, if your phone now has a new phone number then somebody have switched the sim card, if not then your sim card has not been switched.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 1:22 AM in response to Annoyomous

the only purpose of the sim card is to tie a phone number you get from your carrier to the IMEI number of ones phone so your carrier can charge you for usage, if your phone now has a new phone number then somebody have switched the sim card, if not then your sim card has not been switched.

Sep 21, 2020 10:21 PM in response to tFlag66

Same thing here AND/or accessed my ickoud account. All of my Current correspondence with people are gone and I have all old contacts. I had over 100k emails (I know I should not use my email as a filing cabinet but I did). I am afraid they may have forwarded all of my emails to themselves then deleted all of the important ones proving some people’s criminal intents and then deleted all my sent emails. I need to know what I can do to mitigate the iCloud issue and if there is a way to trace any fraudulent activity in my iCloud? My i was asleep and they had access to my phone for hours.

Someone had switch SIM card to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.