Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the maximum time a screen recording with audio can go for uninterrupted ?

I was recording my screen with audio for 3 hours + and the record icon was active the entire time but when I stopped the recording, only an hour and a half of the time was recorded and I had enough storage capacity. Anyone knows if there's a time limit on recordings? macOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 9:46 AM

Hi xsvmsingx,

Thanks for your post! We understand that event though screen recording was active, the recording was only half the time. There is no limit on screen recording, other than how much space is available on your drive. Did the device ever go to sleep while recording?

Use sleep and Energy Saver on your Mac

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 9:46 AM in response to xsvmsingx

Hi xsvmsingx,

Thanks for your post! We understand that event though screen recording was active, the recording was only half the time. There is no limit on screen recording, other than how much space is available on your drive. Did the device ever go to sleep while recording?

Use sleep and Energy Saver on your Mac

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

What is the maximum time a screen recording with audio can go for uninterrupted ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.