Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime Player screen recording

Can my macbook pro screen record with audio a zoom webinar for 2 hours continuously. I calculated it will roughly take 30 gb for the recording, I do have that much space but can my macbook handle that undisturbed or do I have to check it again and again?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 2:01 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 18, 2022 4:24 PM in response to setiavibhor25

are you saying that you have ~30GB available and want to record ~30GB? if yes, that's playing a dangerous game. while attempting the recording you could potentially fill up your local drive. if the local drive gets too full, your mac could cease to function, and likely not even boot afterwards. it's recommended to keep around 20% (at least) of free space. and you would want to calculate that after the ~30GB recording.

with that said, i rarely if ever need to intervene with the recording process. a two hour recording should not be an issue. and my longest recording to date has been 4.5 hours. but, as an aside, i've had issues in the past with my longer recordings trying to use a "save to" location other than "desktop". when anything other than "desktop" was selected, the recording would stop at about 50 minutes and throw up an error message. (i forget the exact wording of the error) but i now use "desktop" as the "save to" location for all recordings, and haven't had an issue since.

QuickTime Player screen recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.