Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is hacked remotely

My phone is hacked remotely. Hacker was able to download apps, change password, modify payment info/address and make in app purchase. After I sign out of Apple ID, my screen time passcode was changed. My whole family’s iPhones and iPads (not family shared) are all affected. Screen time passcodes were changed on every device. One iPhone don’t see the normal lock screen upon restart.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 8:42 AM

I reset it to factory setting via itune. Created brand new Apple ID and it was again hacked. Apple ID password was changed remotely and TestFlight(developer app) shown downloaded although I don’t see the app on the machine. Another Apple id was put in a sandbox developer account. I then signed out of Apple ID, but screen time passcode was changed and I can no longer access screen time passcode.

On a different iphone, I can no longer access the phone. I have never seen lock screen like this

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 8:42 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I reset it to factory setting via itune. Created brand new Apple ID and it was again hacked. Apple ID password was changed remotely and TestFlight(developer app) shown downloaded although I don’t see the app on the machine. Another Apple id was put in a sandbox developer account. I then signed out of Apple ID, but screen time passcode was changed and I can no longer access screen time passcode.

On a different iphone, I can no longer access the phone. I have never seen lock screen like this

Aug 27, 2020 7:01 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate all your points regarding how to keep account safe. I have been diligently following all online safety rules. However my i-devices are all hacked. Please do not blindly say “iPhone can’t be hacked”. iPhone in fact can be hacked. (e.g the latest WhatsApp iphone hack). I am looking for people who had encountered the similar hacks and we need to bring the attention to the Apple community and the proper authorities to stop the hack.

Aug 27, 2020 1:39 AM in response to X200

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to latest iOS/iPadOS, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive informations pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Aug 27, 2020 7:15 AM in response to X200

First of all, WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support

Secondly, there are many who still believe that earth is flat and there are others who do not believe that Neil Armstrong ever landed on the moon. Everyone can't be convinced in this world.

A fact remains a fact whether you believe it or not.

Aug 27, 2020 8:52 AM in response to X200

X200 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/7168efdd-bc82-4471-af9d-78c5a3eee76a

That screen will appear if a complex passcode has been set.

Setting any passcode, complex or otherwise requires physical access to the device, or requires that you or someone with physical possession of it installed a management profile, giving the profile author control over your device.

What you are describing can't be accomplished remotely. If you got conned into installing a management profile, perhaps so that you could install an app from outside of the App Store, then you shot yourself in the foot.

You need to put the device into recovery mode and restore iOS using your computer.

Aug 27, 2020 9:23 AM in response to KiltedTim

I didn’t install any management software and no jailbreaking either. Never installed anything outside of App Store physically. I didn’t see any profiles in setting although it could be hidden. Theses is only one in Certificate trust Settings that has a version number 8, is it correct?

Upon checking Apple ID purchase history, I see discord app downloaded a few days ago however it wasn’t me.

What I discovered was that the hack infected from one i-device to the other i-device by installing an app. Initially I saw a gaming app such as Highrise. Recently it was TestFlight and discord.

Thanks again for your help.

Aug 27, 2020 9:04 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your feedback and unfortunately iPhone can be hacked. Again I am looking for solutions and others with similar experience to combat the hack. Please do not confuse others by replying the same thing.

whatsApp is not an Apple product, however it had a backdoor that allowed hackers to remotely access the iPhone. Many other Iphone apps can have similar vulnerabilities.

Please click on below two links from Forbes.com to see the articles regarding known iPhone hack...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2019/08/30/whatsapp-encryption-undone-and-location-leaked--why-the-latest-iphone-hack-is-terrifying/#3a18c2456d2e

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/04/22/serious-iphone-hack-just-exposed-new-report-says-victims-wont-notice-anything/#a85164475643

Aug 27, 2020 5:49 PM in response to X200

X200 wrote:

Upon checking Apple ID purchase history, I see discord app downloaded a few days ago however it wasn’t me.

What I discovered was that the hack infected from one i-device to the other i-device by installing an app. Initially I saw a gaming app such as Highrise. Recently it was TestFlight and discord.

Then your Apple ID has been compromised and is being used by someone else.

Your phone has not been 'hacked'.

My phone is hacked remotely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.