Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart keyboard issues

I cannot keep my Smart Keyboard working. I bought new keyboards, thinking that maybe the others had worn out. Still same problem. I disconnect and reconnect my keyboard at least a dozen times a day. It is beyond annoying. What is the fix????

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:52 AM

Greetings, maryellen k.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having issues with your Smart Keyboard staying connected. We can understand why you’d want to get to the bottom of this, especially since you mentioned having multiple keyboards. 

“Get help

If your iPad doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad. Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad and Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard are in the Type position and that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard from your iPad.
  3. Restart your iPad.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard.” Use your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard with your iPad - Apple Support

We hope this helps. Feel free to reach back out if you have further questions. 

All the best. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 11:52 AM in response to maryellen k

Greetings, maryellen k.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having issues with your Smart Keyboard staying connected. We can understand why you’d want to get to the bottom of this, especially since you mentioned having multiple keyboards. 

“Get help

If your iPad doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad. Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad and Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard are in the Type position and that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard from your iPad.
  3. Restart your iPad.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard.” Use your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard with your iPad - Apple Support

We hope this helps. Feel free to reach back out if you have further questions. 

All the best. 

smart keyboard issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.