Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excessive “other” files

I have a 32gb iPhone and have problems with storage. However, over 24gb is “other”. With an updated operating system, I reset my phone, and then restored from ICloud backup. It did not help - it made it worse.

With 30gb of storage tied up with system and other files my 32gb phone is next to useless. All Apple stores/genius bars are closed within a three hour drive. An appointment with geek squad offered no solution.

I have an IPad with the same Apple ID/iCloud storage, but no other computer.

I need help!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 1:06 PM

Please follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ How to Clear OTHER Category on your iPhone.

And Yes it requires a computer to complete the task. Genius bar will try and help you out (I know they may be closed) and Geek Squad probably won't be able to loan a computer with iTunes. Perhaps you can borrow a computer from a friend or a family member to address this.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 1:06 PM in response to Auscal

Please follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ How to Clear OTHER Category on your iPhone.

And Yes it requires a computer to complete the task. Genius bar will try and help you out (I know they may be closed) and Geek Squad probably won't be able to loan a computer with iTunes. Perhaps you can borrow a computer from a friend or a family member to address this.

Axel F.

Excessive “other” files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.