Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini display does not work after most recent upgrade

Yet another OS upgrade on my mac mini, and once again the display seems dead. None of the troubleshooting ideas work because, no screen, can't see anything. This seems to happen with EVERY upgrade.

What can I do to make the screen come back??? I've pressed and held the power button to reboot (it makes the reboot "chime", so I know the mac mini is coming back to some form of life). But after that, no screen. If I hit a keyboard key, I do hear a "clunk" noise, the invalid input noise of unrecognized input (but of course I can't see the error message, no screen).

I'm SO SICK OF THIS. How do I make the screen come back on my mac mini?!?!?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 3:53 AM

And once again my "usual" way to "fix" the problem worked: press the power button until the mini shuts down, then leave it down over night. And then turn it back on in the morning.

Maybe letting it cool off for a few hours is the key, I don't know.

Very annoying to lose an entire day every single time there is an upgrade to the operating system.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 3:53 AM in response to Laurelin of Middle Earth

And once again my "usual" way to "fix" the problem worked: press the power button until the mini shuts down, then leave it down over night. And then turn it back on in the morning.

Maybe letting it cool off for a few hours is the key, I don't know.

Very annoying to lose an entire day every single time there is an upgrade to the operating system.

Mac mini display does not work after most recent upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.