Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions password

Hello, I bought an ipad for my son for studying purposes and i put restrictions for him. he is 8 years old.

restrictions have no password and he knows how to remove it.

he is removing the restrictions and downloading applications without my permission, now i took the ipad from him until i figures how to solve this issue, but schools are after a week and they need ipads at school!

any help ??

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 1:07 AM

I presume that the iPad in question is up to date and running iPadOS13.6.1 - and by way of Restrictions, you are looking to use ScreenTime to control access to certain features/functions.

You’ll need to configure a ScreenTime passcode that is obviously different to the device passcode - and the former needs to be known only to you.

These sections of the online User Guide should help:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 1:07 AM in response to huda2Lababidi

I presume that the iPad in question is up to date and running iPadOS13.6.1 - and by way of Restrictions, you are looking to use ScreenTime to control access to certain features/functions.

You’ll need to configure a ScreenTime passcode that is obviously different to the device passcode - and the former needs to be known only to you.

These sections of the online User Guide should help:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

Restrictions password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.