Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked restrictions on my son's phone

I bought and pay monthly for my son's I-phone 7, but his mother has put restrictions on his phone. I don't have the password to control the restrictions. How can I change the password so that I can choose the restrictions on the phone?

She also deleted his App-store. How do I get this restored?

Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 5:56 PM

The App Store app cannot be deleted. It is still on the iPhone however it is probably restricted. You cannot simply change the restrictions passcode without deleting everything and resetting the iPhone.

You need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔ How to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode UNLESS your backup was created BEFORE the screen time passcode was created.

If you have updated to 14.x then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 5:56 PM in response to Frustrated_Father

The App Store app cannot be deleted. It is still on the iPhone however it is probably restricted. You cannot simply change the restrictions passcode without deleting everything and resetting the iPhone.

You need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to ➔ How to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode UNLESS your backup was created BEFORE the screen time passcode was created.

If you have updated to 14.x then follow these instructions ➔ If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Axel F.

Locked restrictions on my son's phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.