You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove an unused number from Apple ID settings?

I changed my cellphone provider. I got a temporary cellphone number from the new provider. I put the SIM card from the new provider (with the temporary number) to my iPhone. 10 days later the old Provider transferred my "old" phone numbers to the new provider. It replaces the temporary phone number. The problem is: this temporary phone number is always available in my settings and I can’t delete it :-(

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 2:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 2:29 AM

Remove your phone number

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. ...
  2. If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime ...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2020 2:29 AM in response to OliWRose

Remove your phone number

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. ...
  2. If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime ...

How can I remove an unused number from Apple ID settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.