Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old AppleID Compromised

Greetings,

I decided to begin use my me.com email address as my AppleID as well as all email correspondence to keep things consistent.

In the process of doing this, I realized my old AppleID has been compromised.

I received a couple of strange emails showing I had a store credit in Yen (not dollars) as well as half the text in the email was in Chinese.

I opened iTunes, clicked 'View my account' and it's showing the assigned region to be 'mainland China'.

I can assure you I do NOT live in mainland China.

There is NO credit card associated with this AppleID.

I immediately CHANGED the password to something much more secure. This was my bad. I was an early iTunes adopter from years ago and I never got around to changing the password.

I removed all associated devices, and deauthorized my computer from the compromised account.

I checked my CC to make sure I had no mysterious charges. I already have email alerts from my CC letting me know if anything has been purchased online and there have been none.

I checked the purchase history and the latest purchases are nothing but free downloads into China.

How do I get this AppleId back?

I cannot change the assigned region because there is a store credit.

Since I changed the password, I will assume this person cannot login...so...is this 99 Yen credit mine now?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 6:43 AM

Contact iTunes Support and ask them to zero balance your account so you can change the store region. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call      

Starting an online chat with Apple Support 

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

See the Apple Support article(s) below. Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 6:43 AM in response to RHS_SSI

Contact iTunes Support and ask them to zero balance your account so you can change the store region. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call      

Starting an online chat with Apple Support 

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

See the Apple Support article(s) below. Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Old AppleID Compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.