Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deactivate apple id on e-wasted ipad that turned up alive

I have an old iPad Air 2 that we took to E-waste in December 2019. Yesterday, I received an email from a gentleman that he purchased my old iPad on ebay, asking me to take my apple id off of it. We have tried every avenue to deactivate my apple id on the iPad. The gentleman says that nothing has changed on his end (many states away), but that it is connected to the internet. The iPad shows on my list of devices, but the location is “unknown.” There is obviously some kind of disconnect and my apple id is still on the iPad.

Lesson from a friend: always put a drill through your old devices before you e-waste.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:12 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 28, 2020 12:35 PM in response to beth_pinson

beth_pinson Said:

"Deactivate apple id on e-wasted ipad that turned up alive: Deactivate apple id on e-wasted ipad that turned up alive

I have an old iPad Air 2 that we took to E-waste in December 2019. Yesterday, I received an email from a gentleman that he purchased my old iPad on ebay, asking me to take my apple id off of it.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

The Most Upfront Solution:

• Use Snail Mail:

You could always mail it to each other through UPS, Fed-Ex, etc, - though that may take some time (and more time than usual due to COVID-19).

• Before Ridding of It:

Go here, and Perform as Necessary: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

• Modify your Credentials:

Don't share you Apple ID login information anyone whomsoever. Once that is obtained he can get access to all your information. So, modify your Apple ID credentials (email, password, etc), and the same for all other Web sites that you may have in your keychain and elsewhere.

Deactivate apple id on e-wasted ipad that turned up alive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.