Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Hello everyone, a few days ago a phishing attempt went really bad for me. I received an email that impersonated Apple notifying me about an App Store purchase, without thinking much I wrongly clicked the link provided: "If you didn't do this purchase click *here*" then asked for my passcode. Once I did that I realized how big of a mistake I did. All of my information was changed, from phone number to everything they could change to it. I did try to follow all of the articles provided by apple to regain access to the apple id without success, now I know that Apple Id is lost forever and I will never regain access to it again. But my real question is, I have several devices linked to it, how do I regain my devices, I tried to exit that Apple iD on all my devices but, for every attempt they asked for password (they changed it), I tried changing password from the device > settings > apple ID > password and security but it asks for a phone number I do not know,it was changed the moment I gave away that passcode and I cannot find out what the new number is associated to my apple ID. I tried everything really. I just want back my devices that's it. I cannot lose thousand of money like that, there must be something I can do? Is there a way that Apple could remove the apple id off my devices if I offer all the documentation needed to prove my ownership over all the devices kept hostage under that Apple iD?

(I tried to request account recovery too but when I tried from iforgot.apple.com it again asked for an unknown phone number, I really tried everything believe me).

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 12:41 PM

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 12:41 PM in response to SebastianHavi

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.