Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Audio track to Audio from Video track in iMovie

I am wanting to edit a music video in iMovie. I have a full audio track from the artist, and I want to try and sync up the audio track with the song to the audio track we shot from the video. Is there a way to increase the sound of the audio track from the video so I can hear it a little louder than the audio track from the song so I can sync it better?

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:53 AM

Hi, alvisann823,

To increase the volume of an audio track, select the track, or the video clip if the track is embedded. Click on the Settings button above the timeline to the right, and check the Show Waveforms box. Then, put your cursor on the horizontal volume line in the audio track and push it upward to increase the volume.

Another way is to select the audio clip and then click on the loudspeaker icon in the tool bar in the upper right of your screen. Controls will display showing a slider where you can increase the volume as much as 400%.

It makes it easier if you use the slider in the Settings dialogue box (click on the Settings button per the above) to increase the size of the clip.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 8:53 AM in response to alvisann823

Hi, alvisann823,

To increase the volume of an audio track, select the track, or the video clip if the track is embedded. Click on the Settings button above the timeline to the right, and check the Show Waveforms box. Then, put your cursor on the horizontal volume line in the audio track and push it upward to increase the volume.

Another way is to select the audio clip and then click on the loudspeaker icon in the tool bar in the upper right of your screen. Controls will display showing a slider where you can increase the volume as much as 400%.

It makes it easier if you use the slider in the Settings dialogue box (click on the Settings button per the above) to increase the size of the clip.

-- Rich

Syncing Audio track to Audio from Video track in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.