Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First of all, I was unaware of having an extension. Now, how do I get rid of this?

I received a warning window from Apple about Malware extension in my laptop. Of course, I was unaware of the extension and that it might effect my operating system. Do any of you smart computer wiz please tell me how to remove it. I recalled downloading malware in the event of getting some unwanted stuff in my laptop. Sure appreciate you helping this grandma.

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 10:00 AM

How to install Safari extensions on your Mac - Apple Support

How to turn off or uninstall extensions

Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Extensions.

• To turn off an extension, deselect its checkbox.
  • To uninstall an extension, select the extension and click the Uninstall button. If you can't determine what an extension does, or you don't expect to use it again, you should uninstall it.

If you still can't remove it, you might want to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 10:00 AM in response to Baba Bobbie

How to install Safari extensions on your Mac - Apple Support

How to turn off or uninstall extensions

Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Extensions.

• To turn off an extension, deselect its checkbox.
  • To uninstall an extension, select the extension and click the Uninstall button. If you can't determine what an extension does, or you don't expect to use it again, you should uninstall it.

If you still can't remove it, you might want to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

First of all, I was unaware of having an extension. Now, how do I get rid of this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.