Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I remove malware popup notification?

The attached popup has been appearing frequently directing me to download Mackeeper for removal. Is there a way to get rid of this? I tried various malware monitoring apps to no avail.

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 4:01 AM

As implied from previous contributor - these pop up are a Smart ***ed Developer exploiting something in a Web Site you have visited.

It is scam to try and get you to download that Useless Software

It has some how Added itself ( notification ) to your allowed Settings Safari as per @dialabrain

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2023 4:01 AM in response to Felix Leiter

As implied from previous contributor - these pop up are a Smart ***ed Developer exploiting something in a Web Site you have visited.

It is scam to try and get you to download that Useless Software

It has some how Added itself ( notification ) to your allowed Settings Safari as per @dialabrain

Jul 11, 2023 7:28 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for your help. The "Remove" icon is inactive on my screen to eliminate a malware popup following your instructions. In the "Notifications" section (settings/websites/notifications) I have clicked "Deny" and unchecked "Allow websites to ask for permissions to send notifications". Will this eliminate the malware popup or do I need to do something else? Thanks a lot.

How do I remove malware popup notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.