📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Prevent/Remove Pop-Up virus notifications on macOS Ventura

I am smart enough not to fall for these pop-up virus notifications, but they are a nuisance and I want to stop them.

They appear on my upper right screen and resemble the System Settings gear. I received 10 last night and deleted them. Just now, I had one appear and then slide off the screen to the right.

I am running on macOS Ventura version 13.3.1 using Safari as my browser.

Thanks for any advice.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 10:16 AM

Safari >> Setting >> Websites >> 1 - Notifications and 2 - Pop Up Windows remove any Unknown Site

9 replies

Mar 5, 2024 6:57 AM in response to bikeman5

bikeman5 wrote:

not what he is asking for, it is a fake notification, it isn't apple, it is malware of some sort trying to get you to buy protection, says you have malware, says you have virus and says your Mac is infected. ive had this happen before, you have got to go deep in configurations and remove 3 or 4 files that a website installed on MBPro

Those fake notifications are generally pretty easy to remove. They don't require going "deep into configurations" in most cases.

Mar 5, 2024 12:52 AM in response to PRP_53

not what he is asking for, it is a fake notification, it isn't apple, it is malware of some sort trying to get you to buy protection, says you have malware, says you have virus and says your Mac is infected. ive had this happen before, you have got to go deep in configurations and remove 3 or 4 files that a website installed on MBPro

How to Prevent/Remove Pop-Up virus notifications on macOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.