Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have set new Apple ID but when I’m updating my apps password of old I’d is asking

I have set new Apple ID but still old I’d password is asking

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 10:51 AM

Yes, purchases are forever tied to the AppleID used when making the purchase. They cannot be transferred to another AppleID. You will need to use the old AppleID to update those apps. Or, delete them and purchase them again with the new AppleID.

You can also only change the AppleID you use with the App Store once every 90 days.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 10:51 AM in response to pawan217

Yes, purchases are forever tied to the AppleID used when making the purchase. They cannot be transferred to another AppleID. You will need to use the old AppleID to update those apps. Or, delete them and purchase them again with the new AppleID.

You can also only change the AppleID you use with the App Store once every 90 days.

Aug 28, 2020 12:40 PM in response to pawan217

pawan217 Said:

"I have set new Apple ID but when I’m updating my apps password of old I’d is asking I have set new Apple ID but still old I’d password is asking"

-------

Perform this Manually:

Though the same person (you!), perform as instructed here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Things will be backed up, and you will be taken to a login screen.

I have set new Apple ID but when I’m updating my apps password of old I’d is asking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.