Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving photos from iPad and iPhone to iCloud.

I want to save certain Photos stored on my Mobile devices to the Cloud. However my Mac Desktop Images backs up to various External Drives, as these 100,000+ photos/videos would exceed my iCloud limit. Can I therefore just sync my portable devices and not my Desktop computer?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 12:27 PM

Yes you can. Check this:

How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photos on a single device when you follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn off iCloud Photos.*
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Next to Photos, click Options, then deselect iCloud Photos.*
  • On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud. Under Photos, press Select to turn off iCloud Photos.*

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Then you can turn off iCloud Photos. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

Before you turn off iCloud Photos, you might want to make a copy of your photos and videos.

copied from: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 12:27 PM in response to Harri Flex

Yes you can. Check this:

How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photos on a single device when you follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn off iCloud Photos.*
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Next to Photos, click Options, then deselect iCloud Photos.*
  • On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud. Under Photos, press Select to turn off iCloud Photos.*

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Then you can turn off iCloud Photos. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

Before you turn off iCloud Photos, you might want to make a copy of your photos and videos.

copied from: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Saving photos from iPad and iPhone to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.